Sunday, May 20, 2018

Carrizo Plain, Nacimiento-Fergusson Road, and Highway 1 Ride May 3 through May 4, 2018

I had a couple days for a ride and the weather in the Eastern Sierras did not look good so I headed south to the Carrizo Plain. I left my house around 8:30 in the morning and ripped down Highway 101 to Paso Robles. Someone had told me about a good Mexican restaurant called Papi's in Paso Robles so I could not miss it since it was on my way.

Nice taco plate at Papi's in Paso Robles ...


After Lunch I took SR 58 out to Soda Lake Road to Carrizo Plain...


Arrived at Carrizo Plain...


Soda Lake Road turns into a nice fun dirt road...




This is hard to see, but out in the distance is a huge salt lake...



After visiting Carrizo Plain it was time to get some rest...


The next morning I headed to Fort Hunter Liggett and out to Nacimiento-Fergusson Road...


This is a fun road which drops you down into Big Sur, but be careful since really a one lane road with two way traffic. I came around a corner and was confronted with a Cruise America RV taking up both lanes... 



Finally made through the Las Padres National Forest and see the fog from the Big Sur coast...



After dropping down to Highway 1 I went over the Bixby Bridge and headed home.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment