Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mines Road Ride to the Junction September 10, 2016

I was planning on riding Sonora Pass and back today, but got too late of a start. So instead I took a ride out to Mines Road and out to the Junction. I have only been on this road one other time and I mistakenly thought that Tesla Road would take me out to the Junction. However, after riding Tesla Road out to Highway 580 I discovered that this was not the correct road.

I backtracked to Mines Road and out to the Junction. What a nice road with lots and lots of turns. The road actually becomes a narrow undivided road with traffic in both directions similar to Ebbetts Pass.

I had a little surprise in one corner when my back end slid out on sand and rocks in the corner. I thought I was going down, but somehow did not. I thought for sure a high side was coming which would have been painful.

I must of had a smudge on the camera lens since when I got home and looked at the  pictures they were not very clear.



Since I was in the area I also stopped by Lake Del Valle...



I saw a dirt road off to the side with a nice wooden bridge so I had to go over it...


Mines Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment