Saturday, August 27, 2016

Highway 101 from home to LA and back August 25 - 27

My father was in the hospital down in LA so I needed to go visit him. How better to get there than by motorcycle. I took off Thursday from home around 10:30 and headed down Highway 101. Since I left late and did not want to get stuck in the late LA traffic I decided to camp at a place I have camped at before off Highway 101 with a pool and Jacuzzi so that I could take a soak in the evening.

The next morning around 7:00 I headed down to LA to the hospital to visit my dad. It was nice to see him and very nice that he was discharged to go home on the same day. Later in the evening, since it was getting late, I decided I would go back to the same campsite and stay another night so that I could have a nice relaxing ride home the next day.

Around 850 miles total. I was not too into stopping to take pictures, but did take a few.

Along Highway 101 on the way south...


My campsite - very nice resort, but from this picture it looks like a pen for animals...


Along Highway 101 in Ventura on the way north...



I noticed a mission right off the Highway 101 so stopped to take a picture...
 


Praying Mantis looking to hitch a ride.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your dad was discharged from the hospital. Sounds like a very worthwhile trip. Good you went down Hwy 101. Hwy 5 would have been a drag. I rode my bike to work today - first time I've been on it since you and I rode to Berryessa...

    ReplyDelete