Sunday, July 17, 2016

Yosemite (and Tioga Road) Campout July 16 - 17, 2016

I had no plans for the weekend so I left the San Francisco Bay Area Saturday morning around 7:30 and headed up to Yosemite and stayed one night in Yosemite Valley at the Upper Pines Campground. I decided to to this last week and checked a couple times to see if there was a cancellation I could jump on, and if not, I would try a walk in site in Yosemite or camp off the 395. After checking a couple times one site came open so I took it.

I have a wife, two young sons, and a job, so hard to get away for more than a night.

First I had to fill up the gas tank...


Next, I had to get the Half Dome picture upon entry...


Then I set up camp before...


 Heading up to ride Tioga Road stopping at Tenaya Lake...


And Tuolumne Meadows....


And Olmstead Point and finally...


Exited the east gate. I was looking for the summit sign along the ride, but I never saw one. At the east gate I asked about this and was told it was attached to the building so I asked if I could park my bike and snap the shot. I was surprised when they said yes, but as you can see they allowed me to get the picture.



1 comment:

  1. Great job getting that picture at the Tioga Pass Summit. The road and gate are super busy on the weekend and I'm surprised they let you do it!

    ReplyDelete